It was nice to have a solid week of workouts after missing most of last week. Being able to breathe through both nostrils definitely is not overrated.
Monday’s running of the Boston Marathon was the perfect shot in the arm of enthusiasm to get me prepared for the summer of running that lies ahead. When Meb crossed the finish line, I may have let the motivation his victory provided get the best of me. As I already posted about this week, I went a little crazy and signed up for a full marathon that I am drastically undertrained for. What can I say? An American winning the Boston Marathon for the first time in 31 years can lead a middle of the pack runner like myself to do some crazy things.
I am now on the quest to run a sub 4 hour marathon in three weeks. That is possible on low weekly mileage and a no 20 to 22 mile runs to prepare, right? Any of you seasoned runners reading this post, please feel free post any pointers you may have for me in the comments. I am going to need all the help I can get!!!
- Monday = 6.26 miles (running)
- Tuesday = 3.25 miles (running), 3.15 miles (elliptical), weights
- Wednesday = Rest
- Thursday = Rest
- Friday = 6.25, weights
- Saturday = 10.0 miles (running)
- Sunday = Rest
- Running = 25.76 miles
- Elliptical = 3.15 miles
- Total Miles = 28.91 miles
- Weigh In = Skipped my weigh in again this week. I am trying to focus on how my clothes are fitting and my energy levels during my workouts for a few weeks.
- Running = 94.28 miles
- Elliptical = 6.15 miles
- Total Miles = 100.43 miles
- Weights = 4:05 hrs