Weekly weigh ins like the one I had this Thursday make all the early mornings dragging my butt out bed to the gym and skipping out on a lot of the foods I like worth it. The picture below conveys perfectly how I felt when I weighed in this week. I hadn’t had any setbacks in my training and was hopeful the consistency would lead to another week with a three pound weight loss. As I stepped on the scale, I closed my eyes (yes, I am that neurotic). When I opened my eyes the number staring back at me from the scale said 207.8, a 6.2 pound weight loss since last week! That number makes my total weight loss since January 1st 30 pounds! I Immediately felt like shouting “Holy S@%&” or “I’m a bad man!” as Muhammad Ali did when he first won the heavyweight championship from Sonny Liston, however, since I was in a crowded gym, I refrained and simply cracked a smile. Hubris and bravado have never really been my style.
I’m hoping to keep the positive momentum going into next week and am praying that I avoid hitting a plateau before I hit my goal of getting under 200 pounds.
Finally, let it be written that my work catered pizza to our office on Friday afternoon and I withstood the temptation and ate leftovers. That’s right! LEFTOVERS INSTEAD OF PIZZA! Sometimes discipline really sucks. I’m not gonna lie, I may have snuck into a conference room and shed a tear or two. 🙂
- Monday = 6.25 running (running)
- Tuesday = 2.25 miles (running), 4.0 miles (elliptical), weights
- Wednesday = 6.25 (running), weights
- Thursday = 2.3 miles (running), 4.0 miles (elliptical), weights
- Friday = Had a 6.25 mile run planned. My daughter had other plans and woke up early. So I made the easy decision to watch Winnie the Pooh and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood with my daughter. A run can always wait when your kid wants to spend time with you (or her favorite animated characters. I prefer to think it is me).
- Saturday = Rest (had prior obligations)
- Sunday = Rest
- Running = 17.05 miles
- Elliptical = 8 miles
- Weigh In = DOWN ANOTHER 6.2 POUNDS (207.8) – 8 more pounds to reach my goal! DOWN 30 POUNDS SINCE JANUARY 1st.
February Totals So Far:
- Running = 73.9 miles
- Elliptical = 16.15 miles
- Total = 90.05 miles