Every year, as I begin to map out my goals for the year ahead, I am forced to into a state of self-reflection as I review my goals for the year that is coming to an end. Saying that 2014 was a roller coaster of a year for me would be an understatement. Bulleted below are just a few of the items that have contributed to my roller coaster year in 2014.
- I created Short, Round, and Fast
- I started the year out strong losing 50 pounds from January 1st – March 24th
- I ran a spring marathon on a whim driven by the excitement generated by Meb winning the Boston Marathon in April.
- I suffered the worst ankle sprain of my career at the Ragnar Relay in June.
- I started a new job at Ancestry.com in July. It is an AMAZING company to work for.
- My daughter turned two in August. Her little energetic personality keeps Kimberly on our toes at all times.
- I gained back most of the weight I lost at the beginning of the year from July to October
- I ran my second marathon of the year while severely undertrained in October, finishing in 4:02.
- I gained back the rest of the weight I lost at the beginning of the year, hitting 241 pounds in November.
Short, Round, and Fast’s birthday also coincides with the end of the year. As the site celebrates it’s first birthday, I decided to take a minute to look back at some highlights from our first year.
I shared a few posts about my life long struggles with weight loss and mental illness
My Story Part 2: Why I Started Running – http://shortroundandfast.com/my-story-part-…tarted-running/
We celebrated the World’s return to the Boston Marathon
The World Returns To The Boston Marathon – http://shortroundandfast.com/world-returns-boston-marathon/
Runners, Yeah, We Are Different – http://shortroundandfast.com/runners-yeah-different/
Sometimes We Need To Laugh At Ourselves – http://shortroundandfast.com/sometimes-need-laugh/
I Ruffled Some Feathers With A Few Posts
Does This Series Of Ads Offend You – http://shortroundandfast.com/pearl-izumi-post/
I Shared Some Great Moments With My Running Family